This recipe will give you a good reason to get out of bed in the morning.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 500g chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#ddd” link_color=”#ddd” size=”1″][su_divider top=”no”][/su_divider]
- In a large pan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- In the drippings, sauté onion until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the chicken, potatoes and oil.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink, stirring once.
- Stir in the peas, corn, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Make four wells in the hash; break an egg into each well.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with bacon.