This sweet and tangy chicken dish will win you praise every time.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tsp. mixed medium masala
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cm piece of ginger crushed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 can apricot halves in syrup, drained, juice reserved
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Mix together the spices, olive oil, juice of the apricots, garlic and ginger.
- Place the chicken thighs into a container and season well.
- Pour over the marinade and cover.
- Place into the fridge and leave overnight.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and set the marinade aside.
- In a hot pan brown the chicken thighs on each side and place into a roasting dish.
- Heat the chicken stock and the remaining marinade together and pour over the chicken.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the apricot halves and the fresh coriander.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with basmati rice.